1. Why this privacy statement?
The Province of West Flanders attaches great importance to protecting your privacy and personal data. We use your personal data only in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant applicable legal requirements. Any reference in this privacy statement to the Privacy Act is a reference to the Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
With this privacy statement, the Province of West Flanders wishes to inform you of any processing operations in relation to these data and of your rights. By using our website you explicitly consent to possible processing operations by the Province of West Flanders.
It is possible that this privacy statement will be subject to adjustments and changes in the future. It is up to you to consult this document on a regular basis. Any substantial change will always be clearly communicated on this website.
2. Who processes the personal data?
The website www.luchtfoto1914-1918.be is an initiative of:
Province of West-Flanders
Koning Leopold III-laan 41, 8200 Sint-Andries
VAT number: BE0207.725.696
Phone: 0032 (0)50 40 32 57
3. Which personal data are processed?
The Province of West Flanders undertakes to process only the data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The following categories of personal data may be processed by the Province of West Flanders:
Province of West Flanders is an organisation situated at the intermediate policy level between the Flemish and municipal levels. We aim to contribute at the provincial level to the sustainable development of the provincial area. This means that we are committed to supra-local task representation and support tasks at the request of other authorities. We also take initiatives with a view to area-specific cooperation between administrations in a region.
To perform our tasks, we process various categories of personal data:
- identification data such as title, name, first name, address, telephone and mobile phone number, e-mail;
- electronic identification data such as IP addresses, cookies;
These data come to us:
- because you have provided them to us yourself;
- because we collect them when you use our sites;
- because we have received them through other sources (other authorities or partners).
We also process personal data for statistical research and policy support, but this data is either pseudonymised by a third party or anonymous. That is, we cannot trace this data back to individuals or persons. Thus, on the basis of this data, we cannot identify you.
We process your personal data on the basis of either:
- your consent;
- a contract we conclude between ourselves;
- a legal obligation that we have to comply with;
- a task we have to perform as a public authority in the context of general interest or public authority;
- in exceptional cases because of legitimate interest.
More detailed information on the processing operations can be found in the description of processing operations.
4. For what purposes are my personal data used?
The Province of West Flanders collects personal data to provide you with a safe, optimal and personalised user experience. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive the more intensively you use the website and our online services.
Data processing is essential for the operation of the website and related services. Processing is carried out exclusively for the following well-defined purposes:
- Providing you with access to your user profile.
- Offering and improving a general and personalised service
- The detection of and protection against fraud, error and/or criminal behaviour.
When you visit the website www.luchtfoto1914-1918.be, some data are collected for statistical purposes. Such data are necessary to optimise the use of our website. These data are: IP address, likely place of consultation, hour and day of consultation, which pages were visited. When you visit the www.luchtfoto1914-1918.be website, you agree to this data collection intended for static purposes as described above.
The user always provides the personal data to the Province of West Flanders himself and can thus exercise a certain control. If certain data are incomplete or apparently incorrect, the Province of West Flanders reserves the right to postpone certain expected actions temporarily or permanently.
Personal data are only processed for internal use within the Province of West Flanders.
We can therefore reassure you that personal data are not sold, passed on or communicated to third parties linked to us. The Province of West Flanders has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to avoid unauthorised access and use.
During a visit to our website, 'cookies' may be placed on your hard disk to better tailor the website to the needs of returning visitors. Non-functional cookies help us optimise your visit to the website and remember technical choices.
If you wish to consult the website www.luchtfoto1914-1918.be, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled. How to disable cookies, on the other hand, can also be found in our cookie statement.
6. What are my rights?
6.1 Guarantee of lawful and secure personal data processing
The province of West Flanders always processes your personal information fairly and lawfully. This implies the following guarantees:
- Personal data will only be processed in accordance with the described and legitimate purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- Personal data are only processed insofar as this is sufficient, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data are only kept for as long as this is necessary for the realization of the described and justified purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures were taken to minimize the risks of unlawful access to or processing of personal data. In case of intrusion into its IT systems, the province of West Flanders will immediately take all possible measures to minimize the damage.
6.2 Right of access / rectification / deletion of your personal data
Upon proof of your identity as a user, you have a right to obtain a decision from the Province of West Flanders as to whether or not your personal data are being processed. When the Province of West Flanders processes your data, you also have the right to inspect the personal data collected. If you wish to exercise your right of inspection, the Province of West Flanders will do so within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be corrected. It is primarily up to the user to correct inaccuracies and incompleteness themselves. You can exercise your right to correction by sending a supplementary declaration to the Province of West Flanders. The Province of West Flanders will act on this within one (1) month of receiving the supplementary declaration.
You also have the right to have your personal data erased by us without unreasonable delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
- When the personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were originally collected;
- When the personal data were collected on the basis of consent obtained and no other legal basis exists for the processing;
- When the processing is objected to and no prevailing compelling legitimate grounds for processing exist;
- When the personal data have been processed unlawfully;
- When the personal data must be erased in accordance with a legal obligation.
The Province of West Flanders assesses the presence of any of the aforementioned cases.
6.3 Right to limit / object to the processing of your personal data
User has the right to obtain a restriction on the processing of your personal data:
- During the period necessary for the Province of West Flanders to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in case of dispute;
- When the data processing is unlawful and user requests a restriction of the processing instead of erasure of the personal data;
- When the Province of West Flanders no longer needs the user's personal data for the processing purposes and user needs the personal data regarding a legal claim;
- During the period the Province of West Flanders needs to assess the presence of the grounds for erasure of personal data.
User also has the right to object to the processing of his personal data at any time. The Province of West Flanders will then cease processing your personal data unless the Province of West Flanders can cite compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data that outweigh the user's right to object.
If user wishes to exercise these rights, the Province of West Flanders will act upon this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.4 Right to data portability
The User has the right to obtain the personal data provided to the province of West Flanders in a structured, current and machine-readable form. In addition, the User has the right to transfer these personal data to another processing controller if the processing of the personal data is exclusively based on the User's permission.
If User wishes to exercise this right, the province of West Flanders will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request shall be sent by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com
6.5 Right to withdraw my permission / right to file a complaint
User has the right to withdraw consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In addition, user has the right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of his personal data by the Province of West Flanders with the Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, +32 (0)2 274 48 00, +32 (0)2 274 48 35, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should the user wish to exercise this right, the Province of West Flanders shall act upon this within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to email@example.com.